Saturday 29 December 2018

Unexpected recycling ideas


Since we’ve started up this waste reducing business we’ve been keeping our eyes and ears open for recycling opportunities. 

Reducing waste is better, I know, and that is what I am trying to sell you, but sometimes packaging can’t be avoided, at least, not yet. So recycling is the next best thing.

Let me tell you about a couple of nice recycling projects that I’ve found:

Wooden cheese boards

When we have meetings in the office sometimes cheese is ordered in to prevent the participants from starving to death. The cheese is delivered on disposable wooden boards. 

Disposable? Didn’t think so….



I contacted one of my friends who is a painter. She used them as canvases and made these...




Gin bottles

We love our gin & tonic.

My friend who makes the lovely paintings on the cheeseboards stores her paint in…. exactly: 
empty Gordon’s gin bottles. 

Whilst I like a good quality bottle of gin which you can’t always find in the supermarket, sometimes I do have to resort to what’s available in the supermarket.







Knowing that she will recycle the bottle, I know which gin I’ll buy.





















Nail varnish

On a Facebook page called ‘free & recycled Antwerp” I found a guy who was looking for old nail varnish which he uses to make little pieces of art. 

I contacted him, and we exchanged old nail varnish for pictures of his artworks.









































Candle Wax


I take my old candle wax to a neighbour who turns it into new candles.




Look around you and see if you can find recycling opportunities. I guarantee that it will make you happy!

Karine





No comments:

Post a Comment